- Walthour v. Malibu Lodging Investments, LLC, 2011 WL 2135594 (Fla. 3d DCA June 1, 2011), a city ordinance with no variance provision is constitutional as long as it does not create a “unique hardship” for the landowner.
- Wilson v. Palm Beach Cnty., 62 So. 3d (Fla. 4th DCA June 15, 2011), holding that the Right to Farm Act does not prohibit the enforcement of local government ordinances regulating farming activities adopted prior to June 2000 (although this holding was likely reversed by Ch. 2011-007, Laws of Fla.)
- Pembroke Ctr., LLC v. Dep’t of Transp., 2011 WL 2555569 (Fla. 4th DCA June 29, 2011), not allowing an inverse condemnation claim where the government is merely planning for future events and access is not lost.
- Heritage 5, LLC v. Estrada, 2011 WL 2848664 (Fla. 4th DCA July 20, 2011), applying the reasonable use rule to man-made drainage schemes that further natural flows.
- Highwoods DLF EOLA, LLC v. Condo Dev., LLC, 51 So. 3d 570 (Fla. 5th DCA 2010), establishing in potential conflict with the 2d DCA that quasi-judicial proceeding participants cannot be barred from subsequent certiorari proceedings.
You can find more details in this quarter's newsletter. Please email me as you become aware of cases we should review.